During psychedelic therapy, it can be very useful to have a strategy for guiding the headspace during the trip. There is a decent quantity of media and literature on this subject, which can either be recordings to be listened to during the trip (see Music & Listening) or a method of therapy prepared and executed by a tripsitter who is present.
Apart from this project, a number of therapy manuals and trip guides have already been written. The below works were used as a reference or source for this training manual, and are noted here for their medical and academic thoroughness.
- A Manual for MDMA-Assisted Psychotherapy in the Treatment of PTSD (2017) by MAPS
- Handbook for the Therapeutic Use of LSD: Individual and Group Procedures (1959) by D.B. Blewett, Ph.D., and N. Chwelos, M.D.
- Microdosing Guides (2019) at The Third Wave
- The Manual of Psychedelic Support (2017) by MAPS
- The Psychedelic Explorer’s Guide: Safe, Therapeutic, and Sacred Journeys (2011) by James Fadiman, Ph.D
- LSD Psychotherapy (1978) by Stanislav Grof, M.D.
- The Psychedelic Experience: A Manual Based on the Tibetan Book of the Dead (1964) by Timothy Leary, Ralph Metzner, and Richard Alpert (Baba Ram Dass)